Preparing for the placement is difficult but not impossible. Only the best students will be selected. These are some of the tips that will help you to prepare for the placement process:
- Start with a survey –
- List the companies visit your college/university for placements
- List the recruitment procedures for each of the companies
- What is the general intake? For example, there are colleges/universities where the big IT companies recruit in hundreds.
- What is the eligibility criteria?
After collecting all the information, start the paperwork:
- Back To The Roots: The most important thing in your selection process is going through your knowledge of subjects/topics – that you’ve studied over the past years.
- Pick Your Favorite Subject: Interviewers make their job easier by asking you for your favorite subject. Now, you should really be well prepared to handle this question. Once you have told the interviewers your favorite subject, expect a few questions related to it.
- Aptitude Tests: This is where the first elimination round – the aptitude tests. Lot of students fear the aptitude tests. But the fact is that there’s nothing to worry about because it is VERY EASY to crack aptitude tests. All it takes is practice and more practice.
- Written & Spoken English: The Indian job markets demand people who can speak and write correct English. Unfortunately – very few number of people pay attention to their communication skills. If you think you need to sharpen your English speaking or writing skills, then now is the time to do it.
- Interview (Technical): If you’re good at your favorite subjects and topics, then cracking the technical interview won’t be a problem. It’s better to ask your doubts in our technical discussion sections and get your concepts clear.
- Interview (HR): If you think that clearing aptitude and technical rounds ensures that you’re selected, then you are wrong – many times, overconfident candidates get rejected in HR interviews. So take the HR interviews very seriously.
- Build Your Skills Showcase Portfolio: When there are thousands of other students preparing for the same job which you are preparing for, your chances of getting selected are going to go down. How do I stand out from the competition is a very common question students ask. Well, the answer is simple –“Do something which others are not doing.”
Please follow and like us: